CREATING A DISTRICT INNOVATION COMMITTEE
The rationale for developing a long-range facilities plan for Slate Valley was grounded in two important challenges facing the schools in our district:
- Our current facilities, in varying degrees, have serious problems that need immediate attention related to aging infrastructure.
- Our schools no longer fully support either the existing or future educational programs that this community desires.
THE COMMITTEE’S Role
Explore the educational costs and benefits of:
- Addressing the current facility and infrastructure needs of all schools across the district (including core maintenance).
- Identifying facility enhancements to support the educational and instructional vision of the district.
- Creating a new district middle school.
- Enhancing the delivery and quality of district preschool educational programs through a collaboration with Castleton University (for future consideration).