Preparing for Vaccine Authorization in the 5-11 Age Group
At his press conference today, Governor Scott announced that at 8 a.m. the morning after the CDC authorizes use of COVID-19 vaccine in children ages 5-11 vaccine appointments will be available for that group. Parents can learn more about registering for vaccine appointments at healthvermont.gov/myVaccine. If they would like to take steps to prepare, they can add their children as dependents on their vaccine registration account in preparation for appointments opening for this group.
Any families without internet access or who other would like assistance to make their appointment should contact the Health Department call center at (855) 722-7878, Mon - Fri 8 a.m.- 4:30 p.m., Sat and Sun 10 a.m. - 3 p.m.
- To speak with someone in a language other than English, dial the call center, and then press 1.
- People who are Deaf or hard of hearing can make a TTY call to this number by dialing 711 or 1-800-253-0195.
When registration opens, it will include appointments for school-based clinics. If you are hosting a clinic and want to ensure your students can be vaccinated there, encourage parents to register as soon as possible. Vaccine appointments will also be available immediately through pharmacies and later through pediatrician offices.
American Academy of Pediatrics Vermont Chapter Town Halls on COVID-19 Vaccines for Children
The AAP Vermont Chapter is inviting Vermont families to join them for a conversation about COVID-19 vaccines for children from 7 p.m. to 8 p.m. via Zoom on the below dates. Please share this information with your school communities as appropriate. Check the AAP website for updates as additional dates are scheduled.
- Monday, November 8th with Leah Costello, M.D. (So. Burlington) - Nov. 8 Zoom link
- Wednesday, November 10th with Elizabeth Richards, M.D. (Brattleboro) - Nov. 10 Zoom link
- Tuesday, November 16th with Josh Kantrowitz, M.D. ( St. Johnsbury) - Nov. 16 Zoom link
- Thursday, November 18th with Ashley Miller, M.D. ( So. Royalton) - Nov. 18 Zoom link
- Monday, November 22nd with Colleen Moran, M.D. (Lamoille) - Nov. 22 Zoom link
- Tuesday, December 2nd with Tracy Tyson, M.D. (St. Albans) - Dec. 2 Zoom link