Nurturing Parenting and Strengthening Families Programs: 2 hours per week for approximately 12-18 weeks (can join up to 2 weeks after start date)
Nurturing Parenting Programs and Strengthening Families Programs are curriculum-based, parenting education programs that work with the whole family. Families participate in 2-hour fun, educational sessions that meet weekly for 9 to 18 weeks, depending on the particular program and curriculum. The programs are appropriate for anyone who wants to improve their family life.
- Nurturing Father's Program - starting March 8, Tuesdays 6:00-8:00 p.m.
- Strengthening Families Program for families with children 6-11 - starting March 21, Mondays 12-2 p.m.
- Nurturing Skills for Families with Children 0-6 - starting March 22, Tuesdays 10:00-12:00 p.m.
Circle of Parents Groups: Weekly 1.5 hours, ongoing - join anytime throughout the year
Circle of Parents is a network of professionally facilitated, peer-led, support groups for parents. Circle of Parents groups are ongoing and meet weekly for 1 ½ to 2 hours. This program allows for parents to come together in a confidential setting to share their experiences, challenges, and successes with parenting. Many parents come to the support groups because they feel isolated and alone; afraid that they might abuse their children; are experiencing conflict with a current or former partner on how to parent children; or simply because they want new parenting ideas as their children grow older. Attending a Circle of Parents meeting allows parents to: learn new ideas; replace old, harmful parenting ways with newer, healthier ways; and give and receive support to and from other parents.
- Circle of Parents with Children Identifying as LGBTQ (Wednesdays at 6:30 p.m.)
- Circle of Parents for Single Moms (Thursdays at 5:00 p.m.)
- Circle of Parents of Teens (Mondays at 10:00 a.m.)
- Circle of Support for Moms of Color (Wednesdays at 10:00 a.m.)
- Circle of Parents in Recovery (Wednesdays at 5:30 p.m.)
- Circle of Parents (open to all) (Thursdays at 10:00 a.m.)
- Circle for Adoptive & Post-Permanent Families (Thursdays at 5:00 p.m.)
- Circle for Adoptive & Post-Permanent Families (Thursdays at 8:00 p.m.)
- Circle for Parents of Children in Foster Care (Tuesdays at 2:00 p.m.)
For more information, visit the Prevent Child Abuse Vermont website.