A Unified Focus on Learning
S.L.A.T.E. - Student Learning Achieved Through Engagement
We are dedicated to the academic excellence of every student by empowering them with the means for the successful completion of standards, and by challenging them to be productive members of our global society. We are committed to a comprehensive system of support to ensure each student has the opportunity to develop the skills and talents necessary for college and career readiness.
ABOUT OUR SCHOOLS
The newly formed Slate Valley Unified School District consists of:
- Benson Village School
- Castleton Elementary School
- Castleton Village School
- Fair Haven Grade School
- Fair Haven Union High School
- Orwell Village School
Our schools serve the communities of Benson, Castleton, Fair Haven, Hubbardton, Orwell, and West Haven.
All students are engaged in rigorous, authentic, experiential, individualized learning that is supported or accelerated to ensure that they meet or exceed standards.
Our Students are curious and creative learners who succeed through personal initiative and sustained effort to reach high academic goals. They are critical thinkers and learners who seek knowledge and possess technological competence and collaborative skills. Our students embrace diversity and culture, act responsibly, and contribute to our community.
Our Educators believe in providing for the social, emotional, and academic needs of every child so that they feel connected, safe, and respected. They are committed in offering a challenging and engaging atmosphere in which all members of the school community can learn and grow.
Our Families and Community are integral to the success of our students and schools. Families are active, engaged, and welcomed partners in their child’s education. Our community is passionate about equitable educational outcomes for all students.
Our Schools offer an enriched learning environment and a comprehensive system of supports to address the needs of the whole child.
- In providing for the social, emotional and academic needs of every child so that they feel connected, safe, and respected in order to ensure student achievement.
- In providing a challenging and engaging atmosphere in which all members of the school community can learn and grow.
- In providing opportunities for inquiry, research, global collaboration, and communication.
- In providing varied, rich and personalized opportunities for learning.
- In providing experiences to develop critical thinking skills that allow students to become engaged participants in their school communities and beyond.