Financial Aid Forms Night!
When: Thursday, October 10th
Time: 6:00 pm
Where: Kim Ransom’s Room (Room 215)
Who & What: Tia Stillman, Fair Haven Union High School’s VSAC representative, will be available to help students and parents/guardians complete the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) and Vermont Grant applications. The student and a parent/guardian are both encouraged to attend.
*All seniors must submit the FAFSA to be considered for any federal aid, loans, grants or work study.
*Please bring the following information with you to complete these forms:
- Student and parent/guardian SSN, birthdates, and email addresses
- 2018 federal tax returns and W-2’s (in case IRS date retrieval doesn’t work)
- Records of investments/assets (ie. savings, stocks, bonds, second home)
- Records of untaxed income (ie. child support)
- Value and debt of home/business/farm
*Everyone will have access to their own computer to enter information into FAFSA’s secured website.
***It is highly recommended that the student and one parent/guardian obtain an FSA ID through FAFSA prior to arriving on October 10th. If you’re not able to, you can do so at this event, but it may delay processing of your FAFSA. The FSA ID application link is found toward the bottom of the FAFSA homepage. You can email Tia Stillman ([email protected]) if you have additional questions about this event or the FAFSA.
You may RSVP with Doreen Anderson ([email protected]) in Guidance. We look forward to seeing you there!