In the Slate Valley, learning takes place both in and outside of the classroom. The Work Based Learning (WBL) program at Fair Haven Union High School (FHUHS) provides students with a unique opportunity to develop basic work skills as well as gain competence in a chosen occupational field that relates to their career goals.
"Our Work Based Learning program allows our students to participate and earn academic credit, explore career paths and earn real work experience before they leave high school,” said Kim Ransom, Work Based Learning Coordinator. “Students have the chance to explore interests in ways outside the classroom setting and gain skills that may actually be useful in the workplace."
As part of the Work Based Learning program, local businesses provide students with learning experiences in our community. Because of these businesses, FHUHS is able to provide students with a new model of education that supports career and college readiness.
“One of our students is gaining real world, hands-on experience, for a position she will attain after attending a four-year college,” said Ransom. “She absolutely loves that she has chosen her field of study and can see the big picture of her future in many years to come.”
Required for Work based learning Students
Schedule an informational meeting with Mrs. Ransom to participate in the program: [email protected]
FHUHS 2020-2021 Driving Agreement: https://5il.co/k8at
Business and Community Partnerships 2020-2021
- Hubbardton Forge, Castleton, VT
- The Binding Site, Benson, VT
- Brileya's Chrysler, Rutland Town, VT
- Fair Haven Concerned, Fair Haven, VT
- Town of Fair Haven, Fair Haven, VT
Many more pending-return to school fall of 2020!
Job FAir Information
Vermont Department of Labor - Virtual Job Fairs
How to Join the Virtual Job Fair:
- Direct Link to Event: http://bit.ly/VTLabor-VirtualJobFai
- Phone/Dial-In Details: 802-828-7667 (Conference ID: 348 860 144#)
Once in the meeting attendees will receive updates on resources available for their job search and information on other programs from the Department of Labor.
Local Virtual Job Fair information will be provided to direct attendees to region of their choice; region information may also be found below.
Please note: Regional schedules may vary - please register for our newsletter to stay up to date on upcoming Virtual Job Fairs.
Featured Local Regions (information will be added as it becomes available)
Bennington, Middlebury, Rutland, and others in Southwest VT:
Brattleboro, Springfield, and others in Southeast VT:
Burlington, St. Albans, and others in Northwest VT:
Montpelier, Morrisville, White River Jct., and others in Central VT:
Newport, St. Johnsbury, and others in Northeast VT:
Need a dial-in phone number? Contact your local Career Resource Center for details.
Career I, II Courses
Community Partners 2019-2020
Fair Haven Union High School
We wish to take time to thank the following local employers for their cooperation in our new Work Based Learning Program for the 2019-2020 school year:
- A+ Child Care, Fair Haven, VT
- Aladdin Food Service, Fair Haven, VT
- Brown’s Auto Supply, Castleton, VT
- Fair Haven Concerned, Inc., Fair Haven, VT
- Fair Haven Inn, Fair Haven, VT
- Makoto School of Martial Arts, Fair Haven, VT
- Maplefields, Fair Haven, VT
- McDonalds, Fair Haven, VT
- R&D Automotive, Castleton, VT
- Rutland Regional Medical Center, Rutland, VT
- Rutland Veterinary Clinic at Castleton Corners, Castleton, VT
- Shaw’s Supermarket, Poultney, VT
- Shaw’s Supermarket-Deli, Fair Haven, VT
- Slate Valley Physical Therapy Wolfpack, Fair Haven, VT
Financial Literacy Assistance